Submitted by walscaro on Mon, 04/13/2020 - 19:39
You only need 3 ingredients to make this tender and earthy asparagus dish. The perfect side to a variety of meals.
3 pounds fresh asparagus spears
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 dash each of salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off tough ends. Leave whole or cut into shorter lengths.
- In a large bowl, toss spears with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Place spears in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until the asparagus pieces are lightly browned. Thick spears will take a longer baking time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding more seasonings such as lemon zest or garlic powder.