- Cut each stalk of celery into 2-inch lengths. Cut each of those into 2 or 3 long pieces, depending on how wide the stalk is. Or try cutting each celery stalk into ½-inch slices.
- Try adding other vegetables, such as onion, garlic and sliced carrots to cook with the celery.
- Try adding sliced beef, chicken or pork to cook with the celery.
- Try serving with Food Hero Baked Tofu and a whole grain, such as brown rice.
- ¼ cup water or low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups sliced celery (about 8 large stalks; see Notes)
- Dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Measure water into a 1-cup liquid measuring cup. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and corn starch until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add celery, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until the celery softens, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet. Stir until the sauce thickens and coats the celery.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.