1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced or grated (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried mint or dill or 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint or dill
1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving. Taste and add more seasoning as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a chunkier dip, add more cucumber.
This is a tasty dip or sauce that is easy to make any time, but especially nice in the summer when cucumbers and herbs are garden fresh.