- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Try substituting cooked winter squash or cooked pumpkin for canned pumpkin. Mash and measure out 2 cups for soup.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In 4 quart (or larger) saucepan, sauté the mushrooms and onion in margarine until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; heat through.
- Garnish with chives if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.