Submitted by watkinbr on Fri, 01/05/2018 - 19:59
Canned tomatoes and fresh herbs make a quick and flavorful salsa.
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
¼ cup onion, chopped (1⁄4 medium onion or 2 green onions, chopped including green tops)
1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lime, squeezed for juice
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine ingredients, except cilantro, in a blender. Blend to the thickness you like.
- Finely chop cilantro and stir into other ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.
- No blender? Make a chunky salsa by cutting all ingredients to desired size before mixing.
- Try adding drained canned corn or black beans with cilantro.
- Make ahead to allow flavors to blend.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.