1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups chopped vegetables, fresh, frozen or canned (try a mixture - celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bok choy, cabbage, zucchini, carrot or broccoli)
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 thin slices ginger root, minced
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked ground turkey or turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
½ teaspoon sugar
3 cups cooked brown rice or whole grain noodles
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add vegetables, garlic, ginger root and salt. Stir fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to prevent scorching. Add cooked turkey and sugar. Cook until vegetables are tender and turkey is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
I tried this recipe with tofu instead of turkey or chicken, and I thought it was tastier. You could really taste the flavors of the fresh ginger and garlic better. A great recipe that makes a TON of food, too1