Sweet Potato and Orange Muffins
2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3⁄4 cup sweet potatoes (yams), cooked or canned/drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil muffin tins for 12 muffins.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, carrots and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. Stir gently until flour is just moistened.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 20 minutes or until tops are browned and bounce back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool 5 minutes and loosen around the edge of each muffin to remove from tins.
- Cool completely then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
10 - 15 minutesCooking time:
12 muffinsNutrition Facts: View Label
Featured in Food Hero Monthly:
Last updated: 05/02/20