Enjoy a fresh taste of spring any time of year with this smoothie.
4 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
2 cups 100% apple juice
1 cup water
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Boil rhubarb, apple juice and water in a large saucepan. Cook until the rhubarb is very soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a large bowl. Refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes. Stir a few times while cooling.
- Scoop rhubarb mixture into a blender. Add strawberries and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No apple juice? Use 1 cup applesauce and 1 cup water instead.