- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook by your favorite method until it appears opaque and flakes apart easily (see Notes).
- Mix cabbage or lettuce with other vegetables of your choice. Add chunks of fish. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To cook fish:
In a Skillet - Lightly grease a skillet. Add seasoned fish and cook over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet) until flesh starts to appear white. Turn fish over and cook until it flakes easily.
In the Oven - Put seasoned fish in a baking pan and cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven until fish flakes.
Under a Broiler - Place seasoned fish on a broiler pan. Broil several inches from the heat until the fish is opaque all the way through and flakes easily.
- To make tacos instead of salad: Warm tortillas. Layer cabbage or lettuce, more vegetables of your choice and fish on the tortilla. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa. Fold in half.