Saute onion is so good to put in with any meats that I cook, especially steaks, hamburger or liver. I like to add a few other spices such as garlic and/or onion powder as well. So yummy.
1. Heat oil in a wide bottomed skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chopped or sliced onion and cook, stirring frequently, until desired softness and color are reached. Reduce the heat as needed to prevent burning.
- 3-5 minutes – onions will be crisp-tender and a clear white
- Longer cooking will start to brown the onions. They will become softer and sweeter.
- Cooking for a long time (30 minutes or more) at a lower heat will turn onions a rich golden brown.
3. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.