1 medium leek, chopped (about 3 cups)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 medium apples, cored and chopped
1 Tablespoon honey (see Notes)
1 teaspoon vinegar (any type)
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté leeks in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook while stirring for about 3 minutes, or until apples begin to soften.
- Remove from heat. Add honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine all ingredients. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Create a wrap by rolling in a whole wheat tortilla with grated cheese.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
This was a favorite recipe with kids! My students were so surprised and happy with the flavor and thought of many ways to add this to their family meals as a side dish. Plus it is really easy to make, favorite quote: "I can make this for my mom!"