2 cups cooked rice, cooled (brown, white or try a mix)
¼ cup chopped celery
1 apple, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
¼ cup raisins
2 Tablespoons chopped almonds
½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 teaspoons orange juice
2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine rice, celery, apple, raisins, and almonds in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Combine yogurt, orange juice, and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the rice mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add any of your favorite fruits for variety.
- Make this a whole grain recipe by using at least half brown rice.
I made this salad for a food bank recipe demo. It was well-received--light and refreshing and easy to make. .