Submitted by AliLind on Wed, 04/01/2020 - 14:27
Quick and easy make-ahead breakfast recipe that can be easily customized with your favorite fruit.
1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup low-fat plain or flavored yogurt
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ cup berries (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
½ cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6 to12 hours. For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen or canned fruits.