VideoCocinando para una multitud
Cocinando para una multitud
Use these recipe sheets to prepare for larger groups:
1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup low-fat plain or flavored yogurt
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ cup berries, fresh or frozen
½ cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6 to12 hours. For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
This is such an easy recipe for a quick breakfast. It stores well too, so it could easily be made Sunday night and eaten several mornings in the week. I have never had an issue with it being too thick, but that could easily be amended by adding a little extra milk to get the preferred texture.
This recipe goes great with Food Hero's Not Your Everyday Apples when the apples are prepared ahead of time and served cold as a topping for the oatmeal.
Oatmeal is my favorite food for breakfast, so this is a good recipe for the hot summer-time! I use any fruit I have on hand.