1 cup cooked brown rice
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped fruit (try a mixture - apples, bananas, raisins, berries, peaches)
2 Tablespoons chopped nuts (try walnuts or almonds)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine cooked rice, milk and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for another 45 to 60 seconds, or until rice mixture is heated through.
- Divide rice mixture between two bowls. Top with fruit and nuts. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any combination of fresh, canned, frozen and dried fruit in this recipe.
- You can use any leftover cooked grain in this recipe. Try white or wild rice, quinoa, barley or oatmeal.
Had this for breakfast this morning, it was great! It used apples & bananas, and chopped almonds.
I love rice bowls, but have never thought to have a sweet one from breakfast! Great idea!