I really liked this salad.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
- Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This is one of my favorite recipes on this site. It is oh so good and healthy!
This is a great recipe if you are already a quinoa fan. We sampled this at a food bank and it wasn't their favorite. Many of the folks at one of our sites have a lot of dental issues so the really firm fresh carrots, celery, and peppers were a source of complaint. You can partially steam them ahead of time to make them softer. I make a similar salad at home and add fresh mango and black beans to the recipe and it is a family favorite.
This is a great recipe IF you cut the amount of vinegar in half! I made it just like the recipe calls for, and it was waaaaay to liquidy & tart. I used half the amount the next time and it was perfect!
This is a wonderful recipe!! My family loves it as do guests...we make it often! And it makes great leftovers.
This salad is so colorful and tasty! It is easy to make ahead and pack for lunch during the week. I cooked the quinoa in low sodium vegetable broth which added a lot of flavor. I also had fresh cilantro on hand so I used that instead of parsley. I really like the tart flavor of this salad, but if you aren't a fan of vinegar start with half the amount and add more to taste.