Submitted by FHteam on Fri, 05/06/2022 - 15:37
Quick and healthy quinoa salad made with fresh vegetables and a tangy garlic dressing.
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
2 large carrots, diced
3 large celery stalks, diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
3 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons minced parsley
1/4 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2 to 3-quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
- Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding chopped cilantro or basil instead of parsley.
- No quinoa? Use bulgur instead.