1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour (try half whole-wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk and oil until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead 6 to 8 times. Dough should feel soft but smooth; not sticky. Shape dough into a ball. Turn the bowl upside down over the dough. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, roll or press dough into a 12-inch circle. Bake crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add your choice of sauce and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake until light golden brown, 12 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Hi i'm Eli, I made the No-Yeast Pizza Crust in the video. I had fun making the pizza and it tasted good!
This is great for a quick dinner; my mom made a similar recipe when I was growing up. I double the recipe for my family of five. I made this many times with participants in workshops as well and we found that you don't need to prebake the crust. Just press it into the pan, top it and bake. I use a sheet pan and bake it for about 15-18 minutes, but baking time depends on how thick you roll the crust. Keep an eye on it! We use jarred spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce--it's less expensive and nobody notices the difference.
Great quick recipe! For sure for our family we needed to double the recipe but my kids/family loved it and its SO QUICK!