Submitted by charlieann on Mon, 07/06/2020 - 12:11
These carrot-filled morning muffins with crunchy nuts, warm cinnamon flavor, and whole-grain oats are a filling breakfast or on-the-go snack.
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
⅓ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup grated carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
½ cup raisins
½ cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix egg, milk, sugar, oil, carrots, raisins, walnuts and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir gently until flour is just moistened. Gently fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Let cool slightly then remove from pans. Cool completely then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- Try using 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour for more whole grains!
- Morning Muffins freeze well and thaw quickly.