1 cup pineapple in juice, undrained
3 cups finely shredded cabbage (about 1/2 head)
1 ½ cups peeled and chopped kiwi (about 3 medium kiwi)
½ cup chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup mayonnaise
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 Tablespoons juice. Cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces, if needed.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, cabbage, kiwi, celery, and raisins.
- Stir reserved pineapple juice into mayonnaise until smooth. Add to cabbage mixture, tossing gently.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No mayonnaise? Use plain yogurt (regular or Greek).
This dish really surprised us. It was easy to make, light and refreshing and not too sweet, but just sweet enough. This would be good for a picnic.