High Protein Banana Split
1 banana, cut in half crosswise and again lengthwise
1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or flavored)
1 cup whole-grain fortified cereal (check the Nutrition Facts label)
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
1/4 cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup canned pineapple pieces (fresh or canned in 100% juice and drained)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place 2 pieces of banana next to each other in each of the 2 cereal bowls.
- Over the banana in each cereal bowl, spoon half the yogurt and sprinkle half the cereal. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
- Top with fruit and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try any fruit, such as blueberries and sliced peaches.
- Look at a cereal's Nutrition Facts label to see if it is fortified with added nutrients such as B12.
- Use any type of yogurt. Look at the Nutrition Facts label for nutrients of concern such as protein, calcium, saturated fat and added sugars .