Submitted by tierrabonita on Thu, 11/30/2017 - 09:18
Tender pasta loaded with creamy cheeses, fresh herbs, and tangy tomato sauce.
1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells (14 shells)
1 carton (15 ounces) low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
½ cup minced fresh parsley or 3 Tablespoons dried parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) pasta sauce (3 cups)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, beat egg in medium bowl. Add ricotta or cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour a little of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Stuff shells with filling (about 2 to 3 rounded teaspoons per shell). Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce evenly over pasta.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to the filling mixture.
- Add your favorite herbs to the sauce for more flavor.