Submitted by Abbie on Wed, 04/26/2023 - 10:40
Fresh and colorful salad with a tangy homemade dressing!
3 cups cut jicama (1/4x1-inch sticks)
1 cup coarsely grated carrot
2 cups bite-sized orange segments (any type)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons orange juice (juice from about 1/2 orange)
1 Tablespoon honey or packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons lime juice (juice from about 1/2 lime)
¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix jicama, carrot and orange.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, combine oil, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt. Mix or shake well.
- Pour over the salad and stir lightly.
- Serve right away.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Want to use canned mandarin oranges instead? One 10.5 oz. can equals 1 cup of mandarin oranges.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.
- No jicama? Use apple, turnip or parsnip instead.