Submitted by Shawna Holland on Tue, 01/17/2023 - 16:30
A tasty, one-pot soup that is full of protein-packed beans, veggies and flavorful spices.
1 onion, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can (15.5 ounces) refried beans
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with juice
2 cans (15.5 ounces) corn, drained and rinsed
1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and zucchini in oil until soft.
- Add refried beans and stir to break up beans.
- Add tomatoes, corn, black beans and taco seasoning.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- The more vegetables you add, the more nutrients! Try adding some of your favorites.
- Freeze leftovers for another meal.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.