Submitted by millb3 on Wed, 10/18/2017 - 10:33
Simple and tasty homemade pancake recipe with whole grains. A great way to add more fruit to your breakfast!
1 ½ cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 bananas, mashed
¾ cup whole-wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, sugar, oil and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flours and baking powder. Add to liquids and mix until blended.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until tops are bubbly and pancakes are dry around the edges. Turn pancakes over and cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
- To see if skillet is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If drops skitter around, heat is just right.
- Top with yogurt or any fruit or fruit sauce.