Submitted by walscaro on Sun, 01/23/2022 - 11:47
Quick and simple oatmeal recipe. The perfect staple to add your favorite toppings and seasonings.
2 cups water
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add oats.
- Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or longer for creamier oatmeal.
- Stir and serve hot, as is, or with toppings of your choice.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Topping ideas: fresh, frozen or dried fruit; milk or yogurt; chopped nuts or seeds; cinnamon or other spices. Savory toppings include chopped vegetables and grated cheese.
- For even creamier oatmeal, stir in more water as you cook it longer.
- Cooked oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- After boiling the water, simmer oatmeal in an electric skillet (Warm to 200 degrees F) or microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. You can also make the oatmeal in a rice cooker on the white rice setting.