Submitted by goingAWAL on Sun, 06/21/2020 - 18:00
A great make-ahead lunch idea with crunchy celery and a creamy dressing.
1 cup (3 ounces) extra-firm tofu
2 Tablespoons diced celery
1 Tablespoon finely minced onion
1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon nonfat or lowfat plain yogurt
¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
½ teaspoon lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper
⅛ teaspoon dill (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Press tofu and crumble into a bowl. Mix in celery and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and spices. Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the tofu mixture. Stir gently until combined.
- Use for sandwiches, wraps and salad.
- Refrigerate within 2 hours.
- Pressing firm tofu removes water and makes it more firm.