Submitted by CarolA on Wed, 01/25/2023 - 09:49
Healthy grab and go breakfast that is warm, savory and filling.
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped onion (any type)
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup diced tomato (fresh)
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 cup Master Mix or all-purpose baking mix (for biscuits or pancakes)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or basil and oregano)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the cheese, onion, broccoli and tomato into the muffin cups.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour mixture over ingredients in the muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try chopped zucchini or mushrooms as part of the vegetables.
- Use any variety of cheese your family likes.
- Bake in a pie pan instead of muffin cups (baking time will be longer).