Bright and crunchy salad with a low-fat Italian dressing and is ready in about 15 minutes.
3 cans (5 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
1 cup carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 medium carrots)
2 cups diced cucumber
1 ½ cups peas, canned and drained or thawed from frozen
¾ cup Italian salad dressing
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place tuna in a medium bowl. Use a fork to break apart chunks of tuna.
- Add carrot, cucumber, peas and salad dressing. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or make ahead, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or make sandwiches with whole wheat or pocket (pita) bread.
Our family loved this recipe. And we liked that we had leftovers too!
I'm used to a creamy tuna salad (made with mayo) so when making this recipe I added a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt. Our family really loved it! It's also delicious tucked into a whole wheat pita, tortilla, or even as a sandwich on whole wheat bread.