Skip to main content
Nutrition Facts: View label
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup millet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add millet and salt, if desired, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer 20 minutes.
- Drain off extra cooking water and serve or use as planned.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For more flavor, cook with broth instead of water.
- Enjoy millet like rice or bulgar in grain salads, grain bowls, soups or stir-fries.
- For a nuttier flavor, you can first toast the millet in the saucepan for a few minutes over medium heat. Then add the water and continue with cooking directions.
- For cooked cereal, use 3 cups of water and stir often while cooking. Top with any type of fruit, milk or nuts and seeds or use savory toppings such as grated cheese and sautéed vegetables.
- Slice leftovers, then reheat and top with a stew or stir-fry.