1 ½ cups whole grain pasta (try shells, elbow, or bow tie)
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 can (5 ounces) canned salmon, drained (about 1/2 cup cooked fresh salmon)
2 small tomatoes, chopped
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 F degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cooked pasta, salmon, tomato, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Cook until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No salmon? Use canned tuna or mackerel instead.
Wow, this is GREAT! We tried it with canned salmon once and found out the family doesn't like that so much. BUT when we tried it with tuna it was a huge hit with everyone who liked tuna. So yummy. And low-cost but seems really fancy :).