These were super yummy and look impressive despite the ease of preparation. A perfect dish to make with leftover pumpkin puree.
12 jumbo pasta shells (about 6 ounces)
1 ¼ cups nonfat ricotta cheese
¾ cup pumpkin
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons basil
¼ teaspoon sage
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup pasta sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and place each on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, pumpkin, spices and all but 1 Tablespoon of the cheese. Reserve the 1 Tablespoon cheese for topping.
- Spread pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish that holds all the shells in a single layer. Fill each shell with about 3 Tablespoons of pumpkin mixture and place shells close together on top of the sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.