Submitted by aharris on Mon, 02/26/2018 - 14:14
A quick and easy recipe of buttery peas with creamy parmesan and a hint of lemon. Ready in minutes!
1 ½ teaspoons margarine or butter
3 ½ cups peas (two 14.5 ounce cans, drained and rinsed or 16 ounces frozen)
1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other types of cheese or a blend!
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.