Mushroom Bulgur Pilaf
1 cuponion, chopped (1 medium onion)
1 1⁄2 teaspoonsvegetable oil
3 cupsmushrooms, sliced or chopped (12 medium button mushrooms)
1 1⁄2 cupswater
2 teaspoonsdry boullion (chicken or vegetable)
1⁄2 teaspoongarlic powder
2 cupspacked fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Use a medium saucepan or skillet with a tightly fitting lid. Over medium heat, sauté onions in oil in the open pan until they are softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bulgur and continue to stir until lightly browned.
- Add water, bouillon, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover pan with lid.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquids are absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the spinach and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 09/28/18