Food Hero Recipe Kit VideoCooking for a Crowd
Cooking for a Crowd
Use these recipe sheets to prepare for larger groups:
1 English muffin (try whole grain)
2 Tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (see Notes)
2 Tablespoons sliced strawberries
2 Tablespoons blueberries
2 Tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Split open the English muffin and toast the halves until lightly browned.
- Spread cream cheese on both halves.
- Divide the fruit between the two muffin halves and arrange on top of cream cheese.
- These are best when served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any combination of fruit for topping the pizza, such as apples, raisins, pears or peaches.
- No cream cheese? Try peanut butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds for added crunch.
- Make your own whipped cream cheese for easy spreading. Use an electric hand mixer to gradually beat 4 tablespoons of milk into 8 ounces of cream cheese. To make it fruit flavored, add any chopped, soft fruit (fresh, canned, or frozen) while beating. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
An obvious hit with the kids! Using untoasted whole grain sandwich thins, rather than toasted English muffins, as the base worked really well in a classroom setting.
We have used vanilla yogurt in place of cream cheese. Kids really like it and it is easy to spread.
I served this recipe to a classroom and they loved it. Very colorful too.
This is such a fun recipe that can use so many different ingredients I might have on hand! And the kids can get through this one on their own! The results are always so pretty I am always taking pics and sharing their creations with others!