Submitted by tierrabonita on Sat, 11/09/2019 - 07:12
A healthy snack or treat, that kids will love to help make and eat!
1 English muffin (try whole grain)
2 Tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (see Notes)
2 Tablespoons sliced strawberries
2 Tablespoons blueberries
2 Tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Split open the English muffin and toast the halves until lightly browned.
- Spread cream cheese on both halves.
- Divide the fruit between the two muffin halves and arrange on top of cream cheese.
- These are best when served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any combination of fruit for topping the pizza, such as apples, raisins, pears or peaches.
- No cream cheese? Try peanut butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds for added crunch.
- Make your own whipped cream cheese for easy spreading. Use an electric hand mixer to gradually beat 4 tablespoons of milk into 8 ounces of cream cheese. To make it fruit flavored, add any chopped, soft fruit (fresh, canned, or frozen) while beating. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.