VideoCooking for a Crowd
Cooking for a Crowd
Use these recipe sheets to prepare for larger groups:
3 leeks (about 3 cups diced)
3 potatoes (about 3 cups cubed)
2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
4 ½ cups low-sodium broth (any type)
¼ cup 1% milk
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Remove root and green tops from leeks. Slice in half lengthwise and rinse well under running water. Slice crosswise into ¼-inch slices.
- Scrub potatoes well; cut into small cubes.
- Melt margarine or butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and leeks. Cook until softened.
- Add potatoes and enough broth to cover. Cover pan and simmer until potatoes are soft. Mash with a potato masher or fork until potatoes are fairly smooth.
- Add remaining broth, milk and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using parsnips for some of the potatoes. Add them a bit later than the potatoes because they will cook faster.
- Try adding ½ teaspoon thyme with the pepper.
I love this recipe! It's so cheap and easy to prepare.