Yummy! This is my "go to" lunch recipe.
- To toast nuts, spread on a baking sheet or pan and heat in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the size of the nuts. Watch closely to avoid scorching.
- Salad may be refrigerated for up to a day after adding the dressing. When ready to serve, add the vegetables and nuts.
- What is Couscous? Couscous is small pellets that are usually shaped from a wheat flour mixture, then pre-cooked and dried. It can be found in many bulk food sections and in packages along the pasta aisle. Try whole-grain couscous.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put the couscous and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture. Cover and let stand until just warm, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate.
- Add dressing and mix lightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss lightly to mix.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.