Submitted by foodfan83 on Wed, 12/14/2011 - 14:33
Quick and easy lunch or dinner option packed with veggies and ready in 30 minutes!
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
3 cups shredded or chopped cabbage
½ cup chopped green pepper
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 medium tomato, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add celery and onion. Cook 4 to 7 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage, green pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often so the cabbage sweats.
- Add tomato just before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- If you don’t have tomatoes, try adding 3/4 cup cooked, sliced carrots instead.