We have made these a few times....girls really like them as muffins or bread, best part is they are healthy, few ingredients I always have on hand, and so quick to cook!
1 cup oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned rolled)
¼ cup nonfat or low-fat milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottoms and sides of 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, milk, eggs, oil, sugar and mashed banana. Let this mixture stand for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oat mixture to dry ingredients and stir gently to mix until just moistened.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out moist but clean, about 18 to 20 minutes.