Submitted by blooman on Wed, 08/12/2020 - 13:35
This sweet and tangy fruit salad is a great side dish for summer BBQs, picnics, and potlucks.
4 ½ teaspoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons minced sweet onion
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon honey (see Note)
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 medium kiwis, peeled
1 medium banana
1 medium apple or pear (3” in diameter)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix lime juice, oil, onion, vinegar, honey and salt in a medium bowl.
- Chop kiwis, banana and apple into small cubes.
- Add fruit and mint, if desired, to the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old. Try brown sugar instead.