Submitted by kokeshc on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 18:10
Canned beans and tomatoes make this soup quick and easy to prepare.
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium onion)
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (28 ounces) crushed or chopped tomatoes with juice
1 large can (30 ounces) fat-free refried beans
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low-sodium broth (see Notes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until soft.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add beans and broth. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.