3 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons warm water
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (see Notes)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or hot sauce
¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix or shake together all the ingredients.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons warm water to thin, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Try with Food Hero’s Mix and Match Grain Bowl.
- Add more or less red pepper, garlic or ginger to create the flavor combination you like.