2 cups strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup grapes
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
3/4 cup (6 ounces) low-fat or nonfat lemon yogurt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain juice from pineapple. Cut grapes and strawberries into halves.
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, grapes and pineapple chunks in a large bowl.
- Drizzle yogurt over fruit. Toss lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
- Try with different fruit and yogurt flavors.
We make this recipe in classes with kids of all ages and it is always a hit! It is easily adaptable to different fruits and different yogurt flavors.
I have made this recipe in class and for a food bank. It is easy and tasty! It's also easy for kids to make with little supervision. I usually use vanilla yogurt because lemon is sometimes hard to find.
Sherman Extension has made this recipe as part of a teen afterschool cooking class at Sherman County School. It is easy to make, can be adapted to whatever families may have on hand, and is well received by the teens.