Submitted by rfallihee on Mon, 11/28/2022 - 15:16
Whole grain oats, warm brown sugar, and sweet fruit make this a flavorful treat for breakfast or dessert.
½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons applesauce
4 cups cubed pears (about 3 pears)
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and applesauce.
- Combine pears, cranberries and cornstarch in an 8x8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until juices are bubbling and topping is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding other spices such as nutmeg or cardamom.