I really liked the cheesy taste and the spicy kick!
- Try whole grain pasta for more fiber.
- Try pasta in a different shape, such as spiral or elbow.
- Add other vegetables such as peas, grated carrots or chopped bell peppers.
- Broth can be homemade, canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- In place of chicken, use 1 1/2 cups of white beans (a 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed), another meat, or canned tuna or salmon.
- Best served immediately. Reheated broccoli changes color and might have a less pleasant taste.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet), sauté chicken in oil until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth, soup, pepper and garlic to skillet. Stir until smooth. Add pasta and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add a small amount of water or broth near the end of the cooking time if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add cheese during last two minutes of cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.