Submitted by foodfan83 on Wed, 12/14/2011 - 14:38
Warm and flavorful vegetable bake topped with creamy cheese!
4 cups sliced zucchini (about 1/4-inch thick)
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups canned tomatoes with juice or 2 cups sliced fresh tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella, or parmesan)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil on medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet) until tender.
- Add zucchini to onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato and seasoning; cook 5 more minutes.
- Put mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other seasonings such as basil, oregano or thyme.