The fresh basil really adds great flavor! I used frozen corn since I was serving it right away and didn't have time to chill. Made this at a school event, and the majority of kids/parents like it!
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Add chopped green or red peppers or zucchini.
- Serve this salad as a side dish or use as a filling for tacos, burritos or wraps.
- No basil? Try chopped cilantro, parsley or dill.
- Make your own nonfat salad dressing by placing the ingredients below in a jar. Cover jar and shake well before adding to salad:
5 Tablespoons apple juice
2 Tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon each: onion powder, dried basil and dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon brown or yellow mustard
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.