Submitted by TeresaP on Tue, 10/07/2014 - 12:44
A flavorful, cheesy recipe with a little kick of spice! Ready in about 30 minutes!
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
1 can (31 ounces) white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed, or 2 cans (15.5 ounces each)
1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained, or 2 cans (4 ounces each)
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
⅛ teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hominy, green chiles, sour cream, chili powder and pepper. Add half of the cheese and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Cover and cook until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try with different types of grated or crumbled cheese.