Submitted by Killer Tomato on Fri, 10/03/2014 - 12:30
Homemade chicken nuggets, made with only 3 ingredients, and using cereal flakes as breading.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ cup barbeque sauce
3 cups cereal flakes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix chicken and barbeque sauce in a large bowl.
- Pour cereal flakes into a large plastic bag and crush into small pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag, reseal, and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy and golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a dipping sauce, mix 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- For a home-made barbeque sauce, mix the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon each black pepper, salt, oregano, basil and thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 pinch of garlic powder