Oregon has been selected to be part of 4 Blue Zones Project Communities and within each Food Hero is a partner
- Klamath Falls, Grants Pass, The Dalles, and Umpqua
National Scholastic Press Association 2018
Middle School Individual Awards for Story of the Year
- Honorable Mention, 7th grade ALTV Armand Larive 7th grader Ashley Treadwell: Cooking Class Video
Oregon State University Vice Provost Award for Excellence - Food Hero Social Marketing Campaign 2018
The Vice Provost Awards for Excellence celebration showcases exceptional outreach and engagement projects.
Fuel Up to Play 60 Funding Awarded - Highlight Healthful Food Everywhere in School, Umatilla Armand Larive Middle School 2017
Funds will go toward a new computer, accessories and software for ALTV which will allow middle school students to make more Food Hero time lapse recipe videos, supervised and mentored by SNAP-Ed faculty. Once the videos are created, there are some funds to provide cafeteria tastings during lunch for all students which will be coordinated by SNAP-Ed and school nutrition staff.
National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences 2016
- Marketing Package Award, 1st Place National Winner
- Communications Newsletters Awards, 3rd Place National Winner
- Marketing Package Award, 1st Place Western Region Winner
- Communications Television/Video Program Award, 1st Place Western Region Winner
- Communications Newsletters Award, 2nd Place Western Region Winner
Food Hero programming and marketing regularily occurs within the Columbia Gorge Region of Oregon. They were selected to receive one of seven National Culture of Health Prizes by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2016
- In one of the two RWJ vidoes that accompanied the award Food Hero is featured. Link: http://www.rwjf.org/en/library/collections/coh-prize-winners/2016-winne….
OSU Extension Association, Oscar Hagg Extension Communications Award 2016
OSU Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Affiliate 2016
- Communications Award: Newsletters
- Marketing Package Award
- Communications Award: Television/Video Program
Feature of the Food Hero campaign in the SNAP-Ed Land-Grant University Systems Report, Executive Summary and Final Report 2016
- Lined here: https://nifa.usda.gov/snap-ed-lgu-reports.
Inclusion of the Food Hero campaign in the SNAP-Ed Strategies & Interventions: An Obesity Prevention Toolkit for States 2015-16
- Linked here: https://snaped.fns.usda.gov/program-administration/snap-ed-toolkit-strategies-interventions
National Association of Extension 4-H Agents 2015
- Outstanding Achievement in Educational Package, Team