Leek and Mushroom Orzo
2 cupsleeks, chopped
2 cupsmushrooms, sliced
1 cupdry orzo (rice shaped pasta)
2 cupschicken or vegetable broth
1 1⁄2 cupstomato, chopped
3 Tablespoonslight cream cheese
1 teaspoongarlic powder
1⁄4 teaspooneach salt and pepper
- Sauté leeks in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the orzo and toast lightly, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until orzo is tender (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 03/09/17