Cheesy Potato Soup
When kids help make healthy food, they are more likely to try it.
Show kids how to:
- scrub potatoes with a brush under cool running water.
- use a vegetable peeler.
- measure and stir ingredients.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onions and celery in oil until onions are clear.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and ¼ cup of milk until smooth. Add remaining milk. Stir into the potato mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Top with bacon bits. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This nutrition information is an estimate based on federal food data. Your recipe may vary. Serving size follows FDA guidelines.